Terms and conditions
CONSENT AND WAIVER AGREEMENT
Liability I hereby consent to participating in Dance Classes (the “Activity”), with Inspire Dance Arts in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in this Consent and Waiver Agreement (the “Agreement”). I agree and understand that, by its very nature, the Activity can be dangerous, exposing participants to risks and hazards, and that I nevertheless freely and voluntarily assume all of the aforesaid risks and hazards and the terms of this Agreement. I further understand and agree that Inspire Dance Arts is not responsible for the care of my child before or after Activities.
1. Assumption of Risks and Release. In consideration of the participation in the Program, I agree, on my behalf, to:
(a) assume all risks and hazards of and incidental to the participation in the Activity and assume full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury or death resulting from the participation in the Activity;
(b) release Inspire Dance Arts and its directors, officers, employees, and volunteers (collectively the “Company”) from any actions, claims, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (collectively “Claims”) that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss, or harm that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity, including any injury or loss caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, volunteers, and other Activity participants; and
2. Medical Information. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to advise the Company of any medical or health concerns or dietary restrictions and to keep the Company updated regarding same. I consent to the Company sharing medical, health or dietary restriction information with applicable personnel including, but not limited to, medical personnel, and authorize the personnel of the Company to authorize the administering or administer first aid, seek out medical treatment by a health services professional and admit me to a hospital or clinic, if considered necessary or advisable.
3. Indemnity. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Company against any and all Claims, including Claims for the Company’s own negligence and all Claims resulting from my own negligence, and any other Claim arising from my conduct during the Activity. In accordance with these agreements, I agree to reimburse the Company for any damages, reasonable settlements, and defense costs, including attorney’s fees, on a solicitor and own client basis, that the Company may incur due to any Claims made against them.
4. Personal Information. I consent to the Company’s collection and use of my personal information for all purposes reasonably necessary to my participation in the Activity and pursuant to the Use of Likeness provisions below.
5. Use of Likeness. I understand that during the Activity I may be photographed or videotaped. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I waive all rights of publicity or privacy or pre-approval that I have for any such likeness of myself or use of my names in connection with such likeness, and I grant to the Company and its assigns permission to copyright, use, and publish (including by electronic means) such likeness of myself, whether in whole or part, in any form, without restrictions, and for any purpose.
6. Severability. I agree that if any portion or provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the Agreement.
7. Applicable Law. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and will be adjudicated exclusively by and in the courts of the Province of Alberta.
Signature Page on Reverse.
In consideration of my participation in the Activity, I accept and agree to the full contents of this Agreement. I also agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Company from all Claims that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occurs during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity. This includes any Claim arising from the negligence of the Company, its volunteers, employees, officers or other Activity participants.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE SIGNING IT. NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS TO SIGN THIS RELEASE HAVE BEEN MADE APART FROM WHAT IS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A CONTRACT THAT AFFECTS MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
There are 3 Methods of Payment and arrangements are due at registration:
1) Monthly Auto Debit (PAD/VOID) 2) Cash/Cheque for the entire school year 3) Cheques Per Term
ALL TUITION FEES MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Please make cheques payable to Inspire Dance Arts Inc. All prices include GST. There is a $30.00 NSF charged on all returns. NSF payments must be CASH or e-transfer (class fees + $30NSF). Missed classes do not entitle you to a refund, please phone the office to arrange a make-up class. There will be no refunds issued after January and no refunds for half months prior to that.
Recital Bundle: This is an additional fee (minimum $85) that will be required for recital participation. This fee must be addressed and is due mid March. This additional fee may also be added to your April auto-debit payment with given consent prior. A separate form will be sent you to authorize this charge.
PAD-Automatic Monthly withdrawals.
This authority is to remain in effect until Inspire Dance Arts Inc. has received written notification from me/us of its change or termination. This notification must be received at least 30 days before the next debit is scheduled at the address provided below. No refunds will be issued after January. No refunds will be given for mid month terminations. I/We may obtain a sample cancellation form, or more information on my/our right to cancel the PAD agreement at my/our financial institution or by visiting www.cdnpay.ca.
You have certain recourse rights if any debt does not comply with this agreement. For example, you have the right to receive reimbursement for any debit that is not authorized or is not consistent with the PAD agreement. To obtain more information on your recourse rights you may contact your financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca. In difficult times, one may call the office by the 15th of the month in order to hold next month’s payment.
I hereby authorize photos or video to be taken of my child for promotional or advertising reasons. It is hereby understood and agreed that Inspire Dance Arts Inc. shall not be responsible for any theft, damage or injuries incurred during classes or on studio premises. Inspire Dance Arts Inc. shall not be responsible for the care of my child before and after class.
I have read, understood and agree to be bound by the above statement